Plum Curd Tarts are so simple and quick to whip together using homemade or store bought cases and curd that its almost embarrassing to call this a recipe. But with a little added whipped cream and fresh plum garnish, you will not regret trying this “recipe” one little bit!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please refer to my Disclosures Page for more details.
I added a touch of slightly sweetened whipped cream and a little extra sliced plum for garnish.
And now I don’t actually know if I prefer these bad boys or the Peach version. I do love peach but then look at the colour of that plum curd. It is rather fabulous so I’m going to call it evens.
Can I use store bought pastry or curd?
Absolutely. There are a few options for how you put these tarts together.
Or you can buy ready made pastry cases then make the curd and fill them.
Lastly, regardless of whether you homebake the pastry or cases, you can buy curd. Now I’ve never come across plum curd in the shops but you may be able to find some in speciality shops.
If you can’t find plum curd, you really can use whatever flavour curd you fancy. Of course you may want to change the garnish to match or complement the curd flavour that you choose. And don’t call them plum curd tarts otherwise people might think you’ve lost it!
Still Have Questions?
Simple! Just contact me and I will do my best to help as quickly as I am able. Head over to my Contact Me page, any of my social media channels or post a comment at the bottom of this page and I’ll see what I can do.
Pin Plum Curd Tarts For Later
Hit one of the share buttons to save this page to your Pinterest boards so you can come back and find it at anytime!
Keep Up to Date
Make sure you SUBSCRIBE to my newsletter and avoid missing out on any of my newest and bonus content. Don’t worry, I promise not to spam you or bombard you too often. Plus you’ll receive a copy of my FREE 7 Day International Meal Plan!
Also please don’t forget to follow me over on my social media channels over at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. I love to interact with my followers and I’d love you to share my content with your friends too.
Plum Curd Tarts
- Start by whipping 100ml Double Cream and 1 tsp Icing Sugar together in a small mixing bowl. You can do this by hand or with an electric whisk. I choose electricity! Beat until it just reaches the stiff peak stage – i.e. it holds its own shape.
- Use a sharp knife to remove the stone and cut 1 Plum in half. Then cut 4 thinish slices. Set aside. You can cut more slices and add more garnish if you prefer. FYI you might not need the whole plum depending on how much flesh is on it.
- Take 4 Small Pastry Cases and split 300ml Plum Curd between them. This should work out around 5 tbsp in each case. Give it a little encouragement to spread to the sides if needed.
- Spoon a good heaped spoon of the whipped cream into the centre of each tart. You can be fancy and make a quenelle with two spoons like I did. Or go fancier still and pipe it on in pretty patterns. Or just dollop it on!
- Finish by adding one plum slice into the cream. You can add extra if you like.
- Serve the tarts at room temperature.