These quick and easy Peach Curd Tarts are simple to put together using bought or homemade pastry cases and delicious fresh Peach Curd. Topped with slightly sweetened whipped cream and a little extra peach, they’re a delicious and fuss free dessert that everyone will love!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please refer to my Disclosures Page for more details.
I’ve been thinking about making Peach Curd for a long time. And I’ve finally perfected the recipe. I am also obsessed with American style Pie Pastry which I use to make classic sweet pies like Chocolate Silk Pie.
With a load of pastry cases hanging out in my kitchen and three jars of Peach curd in the fridge, I couldn’t resist putting together this quick and easy marriage made in heaven. I have zero regrets.
I made a sweet version of the pastry with a little sugar added to the dough and it is tender and flaky. Despite the sugar, the pastry provides a slightly savoury counterbalance to the sweet and tangy curd. With the added whipped cream, these individual sized curd tarts are actually rather sophisticated.
Can I use store bought pastry or curd?
Absolutely. There are a few options for how you put these tarts together.
Or you can buy ready made pastry cases then make the curd and fill them.
Lastly, regardless of whether you homebake the pastry or cases, you can buy curd. Now I’ve never come across peach curd in the shops but you may be able to find some in speciality shops.
If you can’t find peach curd, you really can use whatever flavour curd you fancy. Of course you may want to change the garnish to match or complement the curd flavour that you choose. And don’t call them peach curd tarts otherwise people might think you’ve lost it!
Still Have Questions?
Simple! Just contact me and I will do my best to help as quickly as I am able. Head over to my Contact Me page, any of my social media channels or post a comment at the bottom of this page and I’ll see what I can do.
Pin Peach Curd Tarts For Later
Hit one of the share buttons to save this page to your Pinterest boards so you can come back and find it at anytime!
Keep Up to Date
Make sure you SUBSCRIBE to my newsletter and avoid missing out on any of my newest and bonus content. Don’t worry, I promise not to spam you or bombard you too often. Plus you’ll receive a copy of my FREE 7 Day International Meal Plan!
Also please don’t forget to follow me over on my social media channels over at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. I love to interact with my followers and I’d love you to share my content with your friends too.
Peach Curd Tarts
- Start by whipping 100ml Double Cream and 1 tsp Icing Sugar together in a small mixing bowl. You can do this by hand or with an electric whisk. I choose electricity! Beat until it just reaches the stiff peak stage – i.e. it holds its own shape.
- Use a sharp knife to remove the stone and cut 1 Peach into very small dice. Set aside.FYI you might not need the whole peach depending on how much flesh is on it. Remove the skin first if you don’t like eating it (I don’t). If you are using canned peaches instead, make sure to dry it really well with paper towel before cutting.
- Take 4 Small Pastry Cases and split 300ml Peach Curd between them. This should work out around 5 tbsp in each case. Give it a little encouragement to spread to the sides if needed.
- Spoon a good heaped spoon of the whipped cream into the centre of each tart. You can be fancy and make a quenelle with two spoons like I did. Or go fancier still and pipe it on in pretty patterns. Or just dollop it on!
- Finish by sprinkling over the cubed peach pieces. You can be as generous or as reserved as you like.
- Serve the tarts at room temperature.