These easy Griddled Bell Peppers are simple to make but pack a big punch flavour wise. You can make them indoors or outside on a bbq or grill. They only take 15 minutes and are a brilliant side dish or ingredient. And they’re ideal for meal prep too!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please refer to my Disclosures Page for more details.
The beauty of this recipe is that it is barely a recipe. In fact the measurements given in the recipe below are purely there to give you a small idea of the sort of quantities I use. There is absolutely no need to measure anything.
The other bonus to this recipe is that you do not need to wait for great weather and a charcoal barbecue to get beautifully charred peppers. 99% of the time I make these indoors using my cast iron grill.
The trick like with most cast iron cooking can be summed up as follows. 1) Make sure the pan is on the highest heat and is steaming hot. 2) Oil the food not the pan. Otherwise you won’t be able to see the food for the smoke. And that’s pretty much it.
I’ve used olive oil and garlic salt to add extra flavour to the peppers. Use another oil if you wish, add other spices or just use plain salt. There are huge amounts of flexibility in this “recipe” for griddled peppers.
A good pair of silicone tongs won’t object to the heat of the griddle and will make turning the peppers a doddle. So I highly recommend picking up a pair.
Still Have Questions?
Simple! Just contact me and I will do my best to help as quickly as I am able. Head over to my Contact Me page, any of my social media channels or post a comment at the bottom of this page and I’ll see what I can do.
Pin Griddled Bell Peppers For Later
Hit one of the share buttons to save this page to your Pinterest boards so you can come back and find it at anytime!
Keep Up to Date
Make sure you SUBSCRIBE to my newsletter and avoid missing out on any of my newest and bonus content. Don’t worry, I promise not to spam you or bombard you too often. Plus you’ll receive a copy of my FREE 7 Day International Meal Plan!
Also please don’t forget to follow me over on my social media channels over at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. I love to interact with my followers and I’d love you to share my content with your friends too.
More Vegan Side Dishes
Griddled Bell Peppers
- 2 Bell Peppers - any colour but not green
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- ¼ tsp Garlic Salt
- Place a griddle pan or frying pan onto a high heat.
- Hold 2 Bell Peppers upright by their stalks one at a time. Use a sharp knife to slice off the 4 sides (maybe more sides if they are a strange shape). Try to keep the slices as big as possible. Slice the bottom off the pepper and discard the stalk and innards.
- Lay the slices on a board and brush roughly 1 tbsp Olive Oil over both sides.
- Sprinkle ¼ tsp Garlic Salt over the oil, just on the inner side of the slices.
- Lay the slices onto the hot griddle or pan.
- Cook for roughly 10 minutes using tongs to turn them over regularly.
- Serve when they’re soft and charred.
This post is linked to the #CookBlogShare community which is hosted this week by Lavender & Lovage.